Thursday, September 8

Second Day of Internet Training



Yesterday was a second day of our training. Many issues were covered and it may not be possible to recall everything. Nevertheless, I am not suggesting that I did not gain anything. I was for example able to grasp how to link my blog with other sites of my interest. Some of the sites I was able to link with my blog are my University’s website, the website of VIKES, Jamii Forum, MISA Tanzania. This means that if am working on my blog, I can easily connect to the other websites that are already linked with my blog.
I was also able to learn how to put a background to my block. Through this, I can be able to change the background of my blog to suit my own interests and to make it appeal to my followers. 

Of utmost importance in our second day of training was how to search for information or data from the various websites. Some of the websites from which one can be able to get a vast amount of information are like www.amazon.com, www.ryanair.com, www.easyjet, www.yahoo.com etc. As far as Tanzania is concerned, one can be able for example know the population of any region or district in this country by visiting the website of the National Bureau of Statistics. 

We were also able to learn that, when searching for information, one must exercise great care. Some of the data found in some sites like Wikipedia cannot be trusted 100%. We were thus advised to think first before we rush to any website. We must know the type of information we are looking for. Having thought of all these, it can then be easier for us to know which websites to visit for the various information we are in need of. 

One important thing as far as internet searching is concerned is that with this internet revolution, one is assured of access to any type of information one is in need of. You can search for the facts, background of any issue or even search for the people. You can as well use the internet to crosscheck facts when embarking on editing or even check on grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment